First, we headed off to see Dr. Peskin, who checked my incision and removed those loverly staples. Its quite impressive how fast a body can heal. 8 days ago, I was having a C-section and now, the incision has healed to a point where the staples that helped to keep it together can be removed. Amazing I tell you. Having the staples taken out wasn't neccessarily fun, but it wasn't too bad either...and I saw the pain as yet another step towards recovery. Dr Peskin said I was recovering nicely and that everything internally seems to be healing as it should. More good news.
After this appointment, we went out to lunch with my friend, Sharon, from work. Turns out I really miss the place. I knew I would-- and don't get me wrong, its awesome to have this time to recover and help Jack acclimate to the outside world, but I do miss my friends at work. Seeing Sharon was great. Jack slept through the entire meal-- in fact, I don't think he even physically saw the inside of Red Robin!
Then, it was off to the Pediatrician...and it was now snowing (gosh I love Cleveland in the winter). After filling out the basic paperwork, we went into the exam room. The nurse checked Jack's vitals and weighed him. He now checks in at 7lbs, 14oz, so everyone was pleased....he surpassed his birthweight. Yay! That's a good sign that he's getting the nourishment he needs, so I'm finally able to breathe a little bit.
Dr Golonka is just super nice-- I'm glad we chose him to be Jack's physician. He is very casual, but equally knowledgable== an excellent combination for a new mom. At each infant visit, they give you a printout of "things to expect" to happen in terms of your child's development by the next doctors visit. Its very helpful.
As for Jack, it turns out that he's in the 75th percentile for height and the 25th percentile for weight. Geez, he's just like his dad, especially when Mike was a child. According to his mom, he was almost at exactly the same markers as a newborn. Dr Golonka took a family history, checked Jack's reflexes and answered my questions. Giving the family history was actually somewhat comical. Dr Golonka took down the paternal and maternal history-- and I gave him all the info on Mike's and my families' medical histories. Then my mom looked at me and said "Kris, are you forgetting something?" I looked back at her and said "what am I forgetting?" She laughed and said, "That you used and egg donor and may need to get him her medical history?" We all just laughed. Not that anyone was, but just in case anyone was concerned that I may not 100% feel like a mom becuase we used an egg donor-- let your fears be calmed, because now that Jack is here, I don't feel any different than any other mother. I'm Jack's mom :)
Because Jack was making great progress, we're able to skip our 2 week check up and will be back for a 2 month visit. Its nice to know that Jack is growing well and appears to be quite healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment