Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Going home day!


Yesterday afternoon, my doctor came by to check on me & Jack. Its always good to see him-- and we owe him a lot for helping to get Jack into this world. He's very modest, but truth be told, he did a lot to make my delivery as easy as possible, even with the complications. When he popped in, Mike & I were hanging out while Jack slept. His first comments were "Hope you like him, because the return policy on babies kind of stinks." We all laughed, as its pretty clear how thrilled we are with Jack. I know every parent dotes over their newborn, but we feel such a bond with him, its hard to explain in words. Dr Peskin was pretty happy with my progress and could sense that I was eager to be home as soon as possible. So, he said that everything with my incision looked good, and if I continued to progress this way (walking, keeping my temp & BP down, showed no signs of intestinal problems or incision issues), that I should be able to go home this afternoon (meaning today).

Well, today, the other Dr Peskin (my doctor's twin brother who is not only identical, but also an OB/GYN in the same practice), gave me my walking papers...I was set to be discharged a day early than normal with C-Sections. I'm really (and I mean REALLY) excited about this. Jack was cleared by the attending pediatrician as his weight loss stalled. He now weighs 7lbs, 3 oz, but this type of weight loss is not atypical of breastfed babies. They're allowing us to take him home as long as he is seen by his pediatrician next Monday, where they will check to see that he's healthy and beginning to gain weight.

Mike and I are a bit giddy-- we've both spent quite a lot of time in the hospital, which can feel a bit confining. Plus, it will be nice to be home tonight as many family members arrive. Mike's Mom is already here-- and tonight, my parents, Kevin & Danny all arrive. It'll be awesome to be at home when they all come to our house later tonight. And then tomorrow's Thanksgiving...boy do we have a lot to be thankful this year!!!

No comments: