Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 29, 2008

Getting the little man on a schedule

Its not neccessarily the easiest thing in the world to do, but we're going to do our best. In the long run, we think it will really help us...especially when I go back to work. Our pediatrician suggested this and warned us that it will take about 1-2 weeks for Jack to truly "embrace" this new-found order. As it turns out, Jack is a sleepy eater so he'd fall asleep in the middle of a meal, then I'd let him sleep, then he'd wake up starving and unhappy, so he'd want to eat again....Rinse & repeat. This "on-demand" feeding wasn't exactly working for my body, which is why I sought out the pediatrician for advice. And this new schedule is what he recommended, so we're putting it into practice today...yes, I'm doing this now knowing that we're only a few days away from a trip out east to see my family. I may be a bit crazy, but why wait?

So, here goes. The plan is to offer meals to Jack about every 3 hours during the day and then let him sleep through the night until he wakes up and is hungry. The doctor let me know that at first, Jack is not going to like this, but we'll all appreciate it once we're successfully on it. Instead of eating and then going to sleep, Jack will now sleep and then eat as soon as he wakes up. After he eats, he'll most likely want to play and be active, allowing him to get the full meals his belly is telling him he needs. Feedings will be at approximately 7a, 10a, 1p, 4p, 6:30p, 9p & 1:30p....Wish us luck!

No comments: