Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas the Night Before Christmas....


Its no secret that I've been looking forward to this Christmas for like 3 months now. I'm not joking when I write that I have had at least one Christmas CD in my car since, um, October. And I've been listening to them. I clearly recall being pregnant with Jack, listening to Christmas music and smiling from ear to ear (while in my car by myself?!?!).

Am I looking forward to getting gifts? Absolutely not. What I am looking forward to is what I consider the TRUE meaning of Christmas. Its a time when the whole world slows down for a bit and everyone returns home to spend time with family and loved ones. You play games, bake cookies, eat meals together, and just enjoy such quality time with eachother. I always walk away from the holidays with a intense feeling of togetherness.

Tonight, we read "The Night Before Christmas," and Mike's mom's house. Its a tradition that they've been doing forever. And on Christmas, we listen to the Chipmunks Christmas CD-- I just love both of these traditions. Anywya, back to tonight...this time when we read the book in the living room, we were all gathered around and I was holding baby Jack. I felt quite emotional as I held him tonight. Santa gave me and Mike the best gift ever.

No comments: