Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Putting away the Newborn Clothes

Already? Seriously> How could Jack possibly already have outgrown clothes so quickly. He's not even 3 weeks old...he's barely 2 weeks old actually. He's growing quite well, which is what we want, but as a new mom, it just feels like he's growing so fast. I know this means he's healthy as can be and getting all the nourishment he needs, but a part of me is a little sad about him moving into 0-3 month clothes so quick (somebody better help me when he moves out to college, since I'm already having trouble with such a minor growth milestone in comparison).

So, I packed away the few newborn outfits, socks, hats & onesies that we had. I put one of my most favorite ones, the Yellow tiny fleece sleeper with the elephant on it, in his keepsake chest. I plan to put a favorite outfist from each size he wears as a little guy in this memory chest. It might be fun to look back at them when he's older. I'm not going to hide the fact that I got a little teary-eyed while packing them away. But, I'm sure this is natural.

Here's hoping that the 0-3 month clothes last a bit longer. We purposely didn't get a lot of newborn clothes, as we weren't sure how big he'd be upon arrival. We do have a bunch of 0-3 month clothes...so Jack, stop growing so fast!

No comments: