Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

Time to get fit


Today, I went back to the gym for the first time since having Jack. It felt so good-- almost like I craved it. And its really the first time I physically yearned to go work out...at least that I can recall. I'm not a crazy workout fiend, but I do seriously believe in how important it is to be healthy. Its just so nice to get back.

I was surprised at how easy it was to get back into the routine....I really expected to be completely winded and have to slowly build up my "exercise tolerance" as I like to call it. It was a nice surprise to not have to face that. Yes, it will take time to build back up, but I've started out better than I expected.

Mike & I really believe that being fit is important. First off, its healthy...and that's so important. Secondly, you just flat out feel better about yourself afterwards. And finally, it relieves stress. With both of us working full time while trying to provide the best possible home environment for Jack, we're both going to need an outlet for stress. So, once I'm back at work, we're going to work out a plan that allows us both to hit the gym 3-4 times a week. We'll rotate so that one of us is spending QT with Jack while the other one works out etc.

Yes, we'll be juggling a lot....but getting in a nice trip to the rec center is helpful for everything. Its good to be back!

No comments: