
Today was Jack's 2 month doctor's appointment. As much as I was excited to find out his height and weight, I was not at all looking forward to vaccination time. In fact, I think I was a ball of nerves when I signed in at the front desk. All in all, Jack did great. Of course, he wasn't a happy camper (at ALL) for about 5 minutes of the visit, but who can blame him.
The pediatrician and nurse did their best to make the shots as quick as possible. They coached me on how to pick him up and swaddle him tight as soon as they gave me the ok to soothe him. They really did a great job. I decided not to watch the needles, but rather to focus on his face. I'm not sure if that was a good choice or not, because there Jack was, with a face as red as it could possibly be, glaring at me. As if to say "You! What are you letting them do to me?!?!?! You're supposed to protect me!" But then, the moment passed and I held him tight, and we moved on. I earned my first mommy badge for bravery!
The fun part of the visit was finding out how much he grew. Officially, he now weighs 11 lbs, 1 oz and is 24 inches long. That puts him in the 50th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for height. And even better, I was reassured by the pediatrician that Jack was thriving and we were doing everything right. We go back in 2 months for another round of immunizations and growth checks. Again, I'm looking forward to part of that visit :)
And now, here are some photos...JACK AT TWO MONTHS:


No comments:
Post a Comment