Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Going Back to Work


Wow-- We have an 8-week-old and I'll soon be returning to work. I can't believe how this time has flown by. Its been wonderful having so much time with Jack...and I'm surely going to miss spending every minute of the day with him. Mike & I have big plans for our family...including paying for all of our children's educations and exploring the world together as a family...and these things require financing. Every family has its own model that works for them-- and that's a wonderful thing. Ours involves both of us working full time while Jack is in very competent hands. Then, we'll make the most out of every minute we have with him after work. I'm going to do my best to be ultra effecient at work so that I can pick him up from his childcare center as soon as possible.

Will it be hard to go back to work? Absolutely....emotionally (i.e. trusting him in the care of someone other than Mike & I) and physically (i.e. balancing full time parenting with full time employment). We spent a lot of time searching for an excellent child care center. The place we picked, Le chaperon Rougue, is set up as a school (even for infants) and is so highly recommended. We know it won't be easy, but our long-term family plan is rooted in this.

I called them today so that Jack & I can come in and meet his teachers. I'm quite excited about the opportunity Jack will have to socialize with other beings his age and size, which is a benefit of out of home care. I also know that it will be emotional when I drop him off for the first time. As much as I'm honestly excited to get back to work (I have missed it-- call me crazy, but I have), I know I'll miss these days we've had 100% together. It'll be an "adventure" for all of us--- and that's how we're approaching this upcoming transition. It helps that this child care center is literally 3 minutes away from my office and with the flexibility I have at work, I can pop in to see him during the day (and the center encourages this, another plus).

No comments: