Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Best Moms Ever

...or should I say best GRANDmother's ever. Yes, we are so lucky to have such wonderful support from our family. As Jack's incision heals, we've decided to keep him completely out of daycare. The surgeon said that he was cleared to return to school last Thursday, but that we might want to try to keep him out for some additional time as gets better. There's a lot of yucky stuff going around, including some nasty flu viruses, strep and bacterial pneomonia, that we really don't want Jack to be exposed to as he recovers. At the same point, Mike & I both work, so we needed help--- and boy did we get it.

My mom (aka Grandma) spent the first week with us. Mike's mom (Nonna G) is out this week and if needed, my mom will be coming back for the 3rd week after his surgery. I can't express how much we both appreciate you, Mom & Mamma G. You are the absolute best. Together, you've helped us help Jack get better. And, you've brought confidence and calm into this situation that really stressed us. Your healing influences didn't just help Jack, but also helped us too.

Changing Jack's wound area can be a 2 person job. So, I'm also fortunate that my work has been flexible and very helpful. I'm so thankful for all the support we're getting...from family, from work, from friends. We're just lucky.

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Oh the joys of retirement...the biggest joy is being able to spend more time with the grandchildren...what a pleasure!!!! even under not so pleasant circumstances.