Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 23, 2009

Jack at 11 months

Just one more month and he's one. I cannot believe that, but then again, I can. He's getting so big. He's flying through clothes sizes so quickly. And getting much more coordinated. It seems like every day he is learning something new. He's just so fun. I just love seeing him pick up new tasks. It unreal.

He is still babbling. Not neccessarily speaking full words, with the exception of "MaMa," but definitely recognizing more words. He knows his name. He recognizes Mike as "Dad" or "Daddy." He understands the word "No," although he doesn't always like to respond correctly. He also knows "BaBa" as bottle and Boomer as "doggy." The other words he's working on. Meanwhile, he has a language all his own maded up of fun sounds that I'm sure have meaning to him. We are eager for him to utter a couple new words, which should be happening shortly.

As for physical development...my-oh-my! He's going EV-ER-Y-WHERE! He crawls so quick and climbs steps like a champ. He is a lot more confident standing, but isn't really showing interest in taking those first coveted steps. He does creep a lot from furniture to toys, but its at his own pace.

His most favorite thing to do right now is to play Peek-a-Boo. It literally cracks him up, which in turn, cracks us up. His laugh is infectious. I'm going to find a way to record it because I love the sound of it so much-- its quite a baby belly laugh.

2 comments:

JoAnne said...

My oh my...he loves doors...open, shut them, open, shut them...the louder the noise the better. And they're in every room. Busy, busy busy.

Kris said...

If I was smart, I'd buy him a set of used pots and pans...as they seem to be his most favorite toys! Go figure!