Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jack's 4 Month Doctor's Check Up

They measured him twice! Every "well visit" / check up, the nurse comes in and we undress the little guy, then we weight him. This visit, Jack weighed 13 lbs 7 oz. Then, we put a new diaper on him and went to measure his height(by the way, Jack was giggling the entire time-- he loves being unclothed). So, we laid "squirmy" down on the medical table and tried to stop him from wiggling so we could see how long he was. I knew something was up when the nurse said "How old is he again? I have down that this is his 4 month check up." Hmmmm. It WAS his 4 month check up, which is what I told her. She said, "Well, he's measuring 27.5 inches, which is off the charts long."

Then she left and we waited for the Pediatrician to come in. Me and Mr Giggles (a very tall for his age Mr Giggles, that is. In came one of his doctors and she said "Hi there-- I think we're going to measure him again because I think his original measurement was inaccurate." So, we stretched Jack out again and guess what?!?! He measure 27.5 inches. "Wow! Its right! He's a tall guy. I'll show you on the chart. He's above 95th percentile (which is as high as you can go on the chart-- or as many people say "off the charts") for his age in height. In fact, he's the average height of a 7 MONTH OLD!!! Oh, and he's 50th percentile for weight."

So, I guess we may have a long and lean kiddo. As for the rest of his visit, everything went well. He was already okayed to have food (I called on his 4 month birthday because he seemed to be hungry all the time). We did discuss how his foods will progress, which was also quite helpful. Cereal, Stage 1 Veggies, & Stage 1 Fruits...pretty exciting for the little guy who's only accustomed to his liquid diet. And it appears that he has no long term affects from his RSV / Brochiolitis episode. Thank goodness!!!

2 comments:

MammaG said...

Cutest duck is the one in the brown suit :)

Kris said...

Ha! So clever! I agree