
I'm so glad you got to meet him, Jack. You may not remember him, but he knew you and just adored you and his 10 other great grandchildren.
I'm so thankful that we had a couple chances to spend time with him...at Christmas, in January when I stayed out in Maryland for a week, and at Betty and Mike's 25th Wedding Anniversary Surprise Party. At each of these three visits, Pop and Jack had some great moments. They gazed at eachother in the dearest way. Pop held him affectionately and proudly said "my great grandson"..."you're my great grandson." Most recently, at the party 3 1/2 weeks ago, Jack was playing in his exer-saucer and Pop effortlessly plopped down on the floor to sit with Jack and play at his level.
Although there were just 3 occasions where they met, I'm forever grateful for those memories---I'll always remember the cute expressions they exchanged. So I wish that we had more time together? Yes. Absolutely. But, I'm also glad that every visit was a good one and that Pop's health didn't deteriorate over a long period of time. The memories are so fresh and happy...and that's a wonderful thing. As sad as I am and as much as he'll be missed, his example and family priorities will live on through each of us. We love you, Great Pop
1 comment:
Great words Kris..........
safe trip home...
love
Mamma Gianna
Post a Comment