Every year, I celebrate her on this day. And that didn't change this year. I was a bit taken back on Friday, when we talked on the way to work and at the end of our conversation, she said "I'll call you this weekend to wish you happy Mother's Day."
I chimed back and said, "Shouldn't I be the one calling to wish YOU Happy Mother's Day?" And she replied with a comment that made me absolutely beam: "I'm proud of the Mother you've already become, so yes, I'll be calling you Sunday to wish YOU a Happy Mother's Day." Wow-- she made my day so special.
For me, this first Mother's Day as a mom has really special meaning. I could rename it "Victory Day" or "Believe Day" or "All Things are Possible Day." This first Mother's day is affirmation that we really did it-- our path to parenthood wasn't the typical one, but our world with Jack in it is nothing short of magical. Yes, being a mom is exhausting. The balancing act is like nothing I've ever known. But, the experience of being a mom is also like nothing I've ever known-- its that wonderful. When I look at Jack, I feel myself glow a bit. I love that little guy so very much. And every day, especially Mother's Day, I count my lucky stars that he is here with us. I only hope that I can be just as good of a mom as she is.
We had Jack's 6 month photos taken a little early....so these are "Half "Happy 1st Mother's Day" and half "Jack's now 6 Months Old" photos. I just love em!




3 comments:
Thanks for your very kind words ... they warmed my heart. And that little man of yours just keeps me smilin'.
Kris, what beautiful pictures!!! He cant be possibly be standing like that! And speaking of mom's I AM VERY HAPPY that you are the mom of my grandson!!!!
love
Mamma G
Thanks Moms :) Appreciate both of your comments!
Post a Comment