Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Baby's First Valentine's Day

I know I'm quite partial, but I have to admit...this little guy's quite a cutie...even when he doesn't feel so good (case in point: Look at the photos below). It was nice having a 2nd valentine to love this Valentine's Day.

We spent a lot of time together today as a family. The events of the week are still sinking in-- and it was just nice to be together and do a whole lot of nothing. Jack seems to do the best when he's around his humidifier, so for a good part of the day, we were all upstairs in his room. The more time I spend in his bedroom, the more I love it. Anyway, Boomer and I were on the bed in Jack's room folding laundry (translation, I folded laundry and Boomer did all he could to lay on it-- it was a viscous cycle :). Mike read the newspaper and played with Jack. I remember looking around saying to myself, "isn't this nice." It was.

Everyone got a special Valentine's Day present...Mike got a photo of Jack in his Cincinnati Reds cap framed and a new keychain with quite a cool charm on it. Boomer got bones, a new stuffed toy (which amazingly is still in tact with the sturffing in it too-- gotta love the American Kennel Club dog toys-- they hold up pretty well). He also got a new collar, which was a bit of a neccessity due to the skunk incident. Little Jack got an outfit and a new pull toy. He also got a really nice stuffed toy from Grandma & Pop (thanks!!!), It lights up and plays music-- and is sure to be a favorite. I got a rose, a really nice card, a chocolate dessert and a gift certificate to get stuff to make Jack's first scrapbook. Lets just say Cupid hit this house hard :)

Unlike previous years when we'd head out to a restaurant for dinner, we stayed in for the evening-- and it was really enjoyable. I fixed a special dinner (filet, salad, and twice baked potato-- a fan favorite) and we actually ate in our dining room, which I think we do about 3 times a year. Jack even sat at (or should I say "on") the table in his bouncey seat and hung out with us while we ate. To say the day was a special one, was an understatement....



1 comment:

JoAnne said...

GAhhhh...what sweet Valentines Day photos...Our newest little guy is really a cutie. Can't believe how grown up he is. And he holds his neck up so nice. He is looking good considering what he has gone through this week. We really missed visiting with him this weekend..

Love from Pop and Grandma