We read all these articles and even part of a book on how to help your dog adjust to an infant. We followed all the advice we could get. We didn't want Boomer to be jealous, so everytime we fed Jack, Boomer got a treat. Every time one of us made goofy faces at Jack, the other would pet and say sweet nothings to the pup. We even let Boomer take one of Jack's blankets for his own....kinda like a peace offering of sorts. We really wanted everyone to adjust well.
Fast forward a couple of months and as you can see, the two are pretty close. That thing about a dog being man's best friend can start really early. When Jack cries, Boomer gets concerned. He'll either lay next to him or come find us-- with a look like "Hey, go help out the little guy." When Jack wakes up to eat in the middle of the night (or very early morning), Boomer comes with me to go to his room. He loves to lay next to Jack. Its quite a special thing. I think the photos show exactly how well they're adjusting. The word, inseparable comes to mind...


3 comments:
Okay, I know it's late' but that is no excuse for having erased my comment twice in err. I'm gonna try a third and final time. As I said in my first two comments....
I just realized tonight that this site was up and running. What a wonderful read. I can only imagine how much fun this will be for Jack when he is a little older.
Pop and I have really enjoyed our "phone chats" with Jack. And they have become increasingly more verbal over the last week. What fun.
It seems as though the adjustments to the new work routine are settling in. It's a good feeling that he is left in happy arms.
And we can'T wait to see you this weekend. Love ya bunches.
Post a Comment