Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 25, 2010

19 Months

Every month I talk about how Jack's personality continues to shine through. He's such a sweet, funny kid. I loved him as a little baby, but I absolutely adore the little person he's becoming now. It seems as though he truly enjoys seeing other smile--- and will try his hardest to ignite laughter in those around him. For the most part-- like 99.9% of the time-- he is a pure joy. The other 0.01% is just him becoming more of a traditional toddler

Yes, we're on the verge of those stereotypical "terrible twos," and we are experiencing some minor tantrums when things don't go his way. But seriously, even those are funny. We don't give into them-- I actually find it hard not to laugh at them. My favorite is when he flails to the ground with his head laying on the floor as if he world is temporary imploding, only to perk back up and laugh 15 seconds later when he's forgotten what was so upsetting in the first place. Its a riot!

As for milestones-- he's continuing to learn words and becoming very chatty with his own little language. We encourage him to use his voice in whatever way he wants-- and its working. He understands a bunch of different instructions---I'm quite impressed with his comprehension of what we say. He understands (and usually reacts accordingly) to a lot of directions: "Lets put away your toys." "Are you all done with dinner?" (he'll nod to let you know). "Can you hand me your _______ (blanket, shirt, sippy cup)?" Everyday he seems to learn a little more. Loving this 19-month-old!!!

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Yepppp, I'm loving the little 19 month old too!