So, this evening, Jack took his bath after dinner then went into his PJs. Usually, we play around for a bit after he gets changed (as we don't want him to think that putting on his PJs automatically mean "Time to throw a tantrum its bedtime"). What happened after this, surprised us completely.Instead of walking out to our family room to play with his toys. He stood and looked at us....as if he was waiting for us to tell him it was time to go to bed. He rubbed his eyes and I said "Jack, do you want to go Nite-Nite?" He instantly started waving to me, Mike, and Boomer. I asked him again "Are you really sure you want to go Nite-Nite?" I kid you not-- he smiled and turned around towards our foyer. Then, he climped up the steps and went up to his room. We couldn't help but laugh. He headed over towards the fan, which only an adult is allowed to turn on. Once I turned it on, he moved over towards his crib and waited. I picked him up, gave him a big hug, told him I loved him, and put him in his crib. He grabbed his blanket and plopped his head on his furry frog pillow.
He literally put himself to bed. We were pleasantly perplexed-- so much that we kinda stood outside his room in amazement afterwards. I hope it stays this easy (but am well aware that we're going to experience the exact opposite of this sometime later in toddlerhood).
2 comments:
That's our little guy...for every time there is a season...and this includes a season to sleep. Bless his little heart. Can't wait to kiss and squeeze him.
Post a Comment