Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

Sweet Dreams

Literally! As in Jack had a very sweet midnight snack tonight. Well, it was actually an 11:30pm snack to be precise. Jack isn't allowed to eat anything tomorrow, so we wanted him to have a little something in his belly for the morning. I can only imagine what was going through Jack's mind when I woke him up and started feeding him butterscotch pudding and toast in the middle of his sweet dreams.

He went right back to sleep-- and I'm hoping that it helps tomorrow for his surgery. The thought of him not being able to eat breakfast (his favorite meal) or have milke in the morning is not a pretty one for me. Jack has a routine and expresses his discontent when things don't go the way they should. So, we'll see what happens in the morning.

For now, he's sleeping. He has no idea that tomorrow he's having surgery. He fell back asleep carefree and giggling (as if to say "why am I getting this sugary treat in the middle of the night?!?!:). Meanwhile, I'm sitting up unable to sleep. I just want tomorrow to come and go-- so that we can fast forward through any discomfort he feels and get to the good stuff: Better hearing and hopefully we'll be saying bye bye to cronic ear infections and clogged nose. Its a minor procedure-- and we're very excited about the opportunity this presents.

No comments: