A number of our friends who have younger children have told us that the first year is the roughest for babies in daycare. Their immune system is still building up and they're getting exposed to a number of different illnesses. Children who aren't in daycare tend to have their roughest time when they are in kindergarten. I've heard this from a ton of people, including our pediatrician. All I have to say is that I sincerely hope they are right. Because Jack has had his share of sickies...and there is nothing I'd like more than for him to have less of them. This week, he's been battling an ear infection...its the first one that he's had which has been persistent, complete with a pretty decent temperature. Jack's doctor said that this year, in particular, has seemed to be a lot more difficult in terms of illness for little ones. He also said that after a baby experiences every season, their frequency of illnesses decreases.
I'm hopeful they're all right. We've had a couple of not-so-fun medical situations. Apparently many parents have been in the exact same boat that we're in now. We're just really looking forward to this ship coming ashore. Bye bye stuffy nose. Go away colds. That's enough ear infections :) Here's to coming to the end of our first series of four seasons...so says Jack's nurse (aka "Mom").
No comments:
Post a Comment