Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 6, 2009

Mr Independent

Gosh, I knew this would begin to happen. As Jack figures out how different movements result in different experiences, he's becoming a bit of an explorer. And, as exciting as it is to see him crusade in new adventures, there's a tiny little part of me that gulps...as I realize, he's getting older. And yes, a little less mom-reliant. I wan't him to be confident, and he's definitely showing this trait, but I don't want him to grow up so fast. I guess I better get used to it...later this month, Jack will have his first birthday. Gulp. There goes that little sinking feeling in my chest again. It feels like just yesterday I was putting him in his little "going home" outfit as we prepared to bring him home from the hospital. Now, he's beginning to enter that "Mr Independent" phase.

As for his little adventures, I must admit, they're hilarious. From trying to ride his motorcycle (and slowly, very slowly sliding off of it) to feeding himself cheerios and fruit (while getting more of them in his lap and ears than in his mouth), he's insistent to "do it myself." And he's so on the go. And super strong. When he wants to turn over (while in a diaper change, for example), he's determined. It amazes me how strong his little muscles are. In fact, I'm convinced he has little biceps! From chasing Boomer to flopping on pillows, he wants to experience it all. He's not exactly what I would call "coordinated" but he is beginning to figure his movements out. His independence is also quite evident at meal times. In addition to the finger foods he tries to feed himself, he also insists upon having his own spoon....not that he's able to use it properly, but he does know that it somehow goes in his mouth. Gulp. He's growing up.

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Oh my gosh...he is so much fun!! And so easy to entertain. He loves to laugh, play with his toys, go for stroller rides, and watch Baby Einstein. And he goes to bed so nicely...he is just so easy to care for. Binky is also important in his life, but nothing is more important than MaMa and DaDa. When they greet him his eyes just light up and twinkle with excitement.