Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pull Ups

Everyone told me "they grow up so fast." I heard what they were saying, but didn't really comprehend it until recently. It seems like every single day he's doing something new. Case in point, this weekend. Jack had another first—he pulled himself up to a standing position all by himself. I was shocked. The first time we noticed this, was when we went to get him out of his crib in the morning on Saturday. We heard him making some rumbles around 7am. As he started to stir, he pushed his “safari lullaby” music-maker, that hangs on his crib. Its funny—he’s been pushing the “ON” button of this toy often to alert us that he’s ready to get out in the morning. It cracks us up every time we hear it on the monitor.

Anyway, on Saturday, I was kind of shocked at the scene when I walked into Jack’s room. There he was, totally standing up, hanging onto the side of his crib with his head bobbing up against the animals dangling from his mobile. I think we have to lower the crib even more, which we’ll be doing tonight. He was all smiles as he saw me…and totally standing straight up!

The next time he pulled himself up, we actually saw him in action as he completed this little accomplishment. We were at Andy, Jenn & Hannah’s house for a cookout. Hannah has this adorable little kid-sized picnic table. Jack and I were sitting on the floor by it as we ate dinner. Jack was playing with toys and then noticed something shiny (my Diet Pepsi can) on the top of the table. He was curious….and up he went to see what it was. First, he pulled himself up from a sitting position to kneeling on his knees. From there, he started to reach up, pull and bounce a bit. Sure enough, he balanced himself and pushed upward into a stand while leaning on the kids table. It was totally cute. Another milestone! Wow, how does it go by so fast???

1 comment:

MammaG said...

JACK!!!!! did anyone at all tell you that you are not even 8 months old yet!!!!! You cant possibly be standing up. Youare supposed to be a baby for a while yet, before i know i'll hear that you are shooting basketballs, pitching curve balls and passing footballs. I FORBID IT !!! My uncle Ermanno is still alive and may have to send him there for a ...mmmm... talk!
Pretty soon i'll have to getready to go JOGGING with you in October....
Love u so much... from Naples, Italy with many hugs.
Nonna (here is where they invented pizza, dont let anyone tell you otherwise).