Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ear Infections and Tonsilitis, and Pink Eye OH MY!

Its been a week. Hence why I haven't had a chance to add a new entry onto Jack's site in so long. We've been taking on some fun (can you sense the sarcasm?) encounters.

It started with Pink Eye last Friday, which began in one eye, then went into Jack's other eye. Loverly. When we saw Dr. Golonka, he said that Jack's Pink Eye was probably a result of the onset of an ear infection (his nose was stuffy too). Just as he predicted, Jack's Pink Eye turned into an ear infection on Monday. Loverly, Part 2. I must say...he was quite a good sport about all of it. We got him started on antibotics and he was on the road to recovery.

So all was well...until about Wednesday. This time it wasn't Jack, it was me! I came down with quite an infection, causing me to run a fever that topped out at 103.1! Yuck! I went to the doctor and they tested me for just about everything...it wasn't strep or mono (phew). It appeared to be some sort of acute tonsilitis! All I know is that my throat was killing me, I had chills, shivers, and I just felt overall yuck. It gotten much better, but my throat is still swollen and irritated.

I've discovered that its really hard to be sick when you're a parent. Before Jack, if one of us was sick, we'd just call in and then sleep it off. Its different when there's a little human being who's 100% dependent on you. You can't "call in sick" to your child. Mike did double duty a lot this week-- I think as a result, we're both exhausted...and we're both looking forward to a relaxing and quiet 4th of July weekend...just the 3 of us!

What a week!

No comments: