Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 10, 2009

Monkey See, Monkey Do


Or should I say "Doggy See, Baby Do"...as in Jack and Boomer. I'm very serious here-- the two of them are totally in cahoots. No Joke. They seem to have their own little language and they interact with eachother in a really unique way. And they are both really good at getting into eachother's stuff.

Case in point, we're trying to keep Boomer from giving Jack "kisses." And by "kisses," I mean keeping Boomer from trying to lick Jack. We repeatedly tell him no, we snap our fingers close to his snout when he goes to do it, we even push his nose away from Jack. Then, I turn around for a second while Boomer and Jack are sitting on Jack's playmat and guess what....there's Jack literally leaning over with his mouth wide open trying to get Boomer to give him a kiss. And giggling the whole time. What are we supposed to do?

Then there's the issue of food. Boomer is already learning that when Jack goes into his high chair, its feeding time...not just for Jack, but maybe for puppy too if Jack's food-covered hands dangle his way. He's quickly discovered that Jack may be the biggest "Pez" dispenser ever. Likewise, Jack is very interested in what Boomer gets to eat. Ut oh. The dog food pebbles may be organic, but I still don't want to go there.

No matter where Boomer is, Jack wants to head his way. And now that he can "army crawl" with the best of them, he can get there. The basement play area has become a literal rec hall. It used to be Mike's sports den. Now its close to a "Little Gym!" My how things change.

The other way that Boomer and Jack are in cahoots is regarding toys. We have bins of toys for Boomer and bins of toys for Jack. We keep them separate....we have to because just about everything that Jack plays with ends up in his mouth. We're in one of those phases that every little baby goes through. Everything that gets picked up in Jack's little hands quickly goes into his mouth. And I'm all about keeping things as clean as possible. Anyway, are you curious to know what Jack's favorite item to chase is? Its Boomer's Pink Plastic Squeaky Bone! We're constantly moving it out of his reach. And then there's the four-legged first born...Boomer. Guess what he likes to go after? Jack's teething rings and rattles stuffed animals. Its pretty funny.

We'll get it figured out. I'm convinced they are working together!

2 comments:

alkelley said...

The "best friend" bond is forming. There is nothing like the relationship between a boy and his dog, so cute. I miss you guys so much. It sucks that we are missing this awesome stage of Jack's life. (That darn Jason!)

Kris said...

I know-- I miss you guys tons too. Seriously, your webpage is keeping me sane. If I didn't like Jason so much, I'd kick him in the butt! I'm counting down the days til December. We're gonna have a blast when you're home visiting. I think about you guys every single day-- sending positive thoughts your way-- all the time, Amy!!!