Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Great Outdoorsman

If Jack had his way, he would spend his entire day outside. He gazes out the window and stands in front of the doors that he can look through whenever he gets the chance. I love the fact that he prefers being outdoors to just about anything else.

We have a little playset out in the back that he likes to climb on. We've spent a lot of time out there this summer. He's even mastered the art of climbing up the slide. He loves to zoom around on his riding toys along the sidewalk and driveway. Playing in the grass is also a fun activity-- there's so much exploring to do in the great outdoors!

This past weekend, we went to the Metroparks near our home with Jack and Boomer. It was such a blast! The weather reminded us that Fall was just about here. We walked along the creek, watched the waterfall and ran across the field. At one point, Jack wanted to "walk" Boomer like Mike & I had been doing. We found a way to let him hold the leash. He was so proud of himself!

I love the Fall-- and it seems as though our little guy feels the same way. The only thing I don't like about this season...is the season that follows it. I am a little concerned that the Winter is going to give Jack a bad case of cabin fever....but hopefully, he'll still get to spend some fun time outide!



1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Love that little guy. And he does love the outdoors. Actually I think he really likes the things he can do outdoors as opposed to the things he can do inside. He's such a cutie.