Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

Crab Feast

Labor Day weekend is quite the tradition in my family. We all get together at my parents house and have a Crab Feast. We do this every year and truthfully, its one of my most favorite weekends. I just love the fact that so many family members join in the festivities.

A lot of our time is spent outside-- and its so cool to see Jack interact with everybody. We can tell that he's definitely recognizing faces and remembering people. I just love to take it all in and watch him play around. The weekend is about more than crabs--its about relazing, playing outdoors, and hanging out.

At 21 months, I'm amazed at his athleticism. Case in point, his fondness for his cousins' Razor scooters. At first he just stood on it while we held it an steered for him. Then, he started to lean in as we turned. Is that sense of balance instinctual (cause I know he didn't inherit this "grace" from me)? As he gained confidence, he even held his weight on one foot while trying to scoot himself around with his other foot on the ground. Needless to say, we're in works to find a "toddler scooter" so that he can safely ride one. He's a bit obsessed with them...everytime he walked out of my parents' house he would be looking for one. Hilarious!



1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Yes, we had a great weekend! There were about 38 attendees and the crabs were excellent. And it is so much fun to see friends and family interact...the young with the old. There're card games, corn toss, frisbee, and football. The weather was perfect. It's the one time of the year when I know where my family will be.