Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mr Eclectic...Jack at 21 months

Tomorrow, Jack will be 3 months shy of his 2nd birthday. As I think I say every month...WOW! Time really does go fast. As he continues to grow, his eclectic nature becomes more evident. Its so cool to watch him take to new things.

When it comes to his interests, eclectic is all that comes to mind. He loves to be outside, play ball, be in the pool, make art projects, stomp to music, play his toy piano, and read. Thats just a little snapshot. I could go on and on about this busy critter, but instead I'll focus on some key favorites:

If it has wheels, Jack loves it. Trucks, trains, scooters, motorized cars, his Winnie the Pooh and Elmo-mobile, Turbo Turtle, Chuck the Truck, Thomas the Train...I think you can see where we're going.

As for favorite animals-- I'm guessing its a tie between "Quack Quack," which is what Jack calls ducks, or puppies. I'm sure Boomer has some major influencing in this department. He's also very fond of his frog pillow--his face lights up when he sees it in his crib.

He's very into music. Sometimes we'll be in the car and I'll catch him bopping his head from side to side (somewhat to the beat...we'll see if he inherited my keen sense of rythem...sense the sarcasm). He likes anything by the Beatles, the They Might Be Giants "Here Come the 1-2-3s," Jack Johnson. He likes pop music (as long as it has a good beat) and also seems to like Rock...to this variety, I say "Perfect!"

As for foods, goldfish crackers have become an all out favorite, joining applesauce, raisins, pizza, pasta, blueberries, cheese and crackers. He's still a really good eater and I hope this doesn't change. He's willing to try new things and has started to "graze" by sampling from our dinners. Its pretty funny to see his reaction to new tastes. The first time he had a pickle was priceless. He really seemed to like it, but was definitely surprised by the tart taste.

Jack is getting increasingly agile. His sense of balance is already better than mine and I've got 30 years on him. For example, he has a ride on toy train that he can literally stand on (balancing perfectly)...and then throw his arms up for his "Touchdown" pose. Can you read my heart palpitating as I write this. I guess its safe to say that he's a bit of a daredevil. Why only use the slide to slide down when its so fun to try to walk up it?!?! Why go down stairs backwards when I can almost hold onto the railing and walk down facing forward? Why sit at a table when I can stand on it and be so much taller??? Oh-boy!



1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Yes, that beautiful grandson of mine is quite the character!!! Watching Jack read a book is the cutest thing ever. He turns the pages one by one as he jibber-jabbers to himself, pointing to the pictures as he goes. When he's finished, he simple closes the book and says "Bye-bye". Cracks me uo every time.

Also...I love the picture o Mike and Jack laughing...I try to imagine what the laugh was all about, but it must have been a good one.