Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Jack @ 15 Months

Yes-- he's 15 months old. Whomever is pressing the fast forward button him our world better just stop it :) As much as I love Jack being so little, I also love how each day now, it seems as though a new part of his great personality is revealed. Its incredible.

As for stats: He's 85th percentile for height (at 33 1/2 inches) and 25th percentile for weight (at 23 lbs). So, he's doing just great. I love that the nurse practioner at Jack's doctors office has a daughter who is a month older than Jack. She's great to run things by and ask a ton of "Is this normal?" "Should I be concerned about....?" "What should we be doing now...?" questions. She spends a lot of time with us, giving a lot practical advice. I walk out feeling really good about where we are. We're right on track with where we should be, which is all a parent could ever ask for :)

Jack is into a ton of fun stuff. The higher he can climb, the happier he is. In some ways, I love that adventurous ambition. Just wish it came with an automatic safety net. We just never let him out of our sight. He likes to open and close cabinets and drawers. If something doesn't look like a toy (remote, tv, stereo, spatula, etc), he likes it more than any toy we give to him. He also likes to minic the things we do, which is pretty funny. Another favorite activity is the bath...and he's perfected his ability to get mom as wet as he is during bathtime. He loves his stacking cups and they're a big part of his bathtime fun .

As for foods, his menu is continuing to grow. He likes all sorts of fruit, which he always has. He's also into pizza and pasta (but not mac & cheese...only Italian sauces :)...I'm serious). He also likes grilled chicken and animal crackers-- they're on the favorite list with pancakes, blueberries, bananas and yogurt. There are also some surprising food preferences: Avacados and Edamame beans. Its fun to watch him eat. Thank goodness for Boomer (the living, breathing, cuddly and lovable vacuum cleaner!!

2 comments:

MammaG said...

Jack... there you go! Italian sauce on pasta!!! That 25% in you just yells pasta for me!!!
Great for the fruit... some day nonna G is going to teach you how to make some dishes... every boy needs to know how to cook!
Love u
Nonna Gianna

Kris said...

You're so right, Nonna :)