Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Time flies!

It seems like our weekends always fly by. I think that's because we try to do as much with Jack as we can....to make the most of our time together. I love seeing his little personality poking through. He's showing some very interesting traits. He's fun-loving, but fiercely determined. He'll set his mind to something and he its hard to convince him otherwise. He loves to be around others, but is also an independent thinker. hmmm...Sound like anyone you know?

He also seems to be a bit adventurous, but does realize then he's gotten himself in a not-so-good situation and calls out for reinforcements. He's making more and more sounds...and they all have one thing in common: When he's happy, he's LOUD...and the sounds are always complemented with big belly laughs. His laugh is so contagious. He just makes both of us crack up. I know he's young, but I'm tellin' ya, he's gonna be a funny kid.

So yes-- time flies-- and not only on the weekend. Can you believe Little Guy is 14 months old today? To celebrate, we went swimming at the Rec Center. We finally had a winter day where the tempature was upwards of 45 degrees, so I thought it would be fun to go swimming. We belong to a great Rec Center that has a huge aquatics area. Once Jack gets older, we'll enroll him in swimming lessons, but for now, we hang out in the kids area.

This kiddie pool offers a lot more than a typical baby pool. It even has a huge pirate ship in the middle that squirts out water. Kids can climb up onto it and exit through one of three water slides. The pool is a zero-grade pool, meaning that one side slopes up to the outer surface (like the ocean approaches a beach). Its great because Jack can scoot all around and sit without putting his head under the water. As he gets bigger, he'll be able to use more of the pool (its gigantic) and then eventually, he'll make his way into the other two indoor pool areas.

He just loves the water. We had to constantly try to remind him that he can't drink the pool water. I'm not sure how successful we were in explaining the concept that pool water isn't drinking water. Its just so funny, how we're trying to explain things to this little being who can't tell us whether or not he actually understands what we're trying to explain to him. Lets just say that communicating with a 14-month-old is a work in progress.

We had a really great weekend-- from going to out to dinner on Friday, to Gymboree class on Saturday morning and then being at the pool today. It was a fun-filled weekend at home...and we made the most of it. Judging from the fact that Jack went to bed at 6:45 tonight, I'd say that we got a lot of fun in.

Here's Jack at 14 months...I know I'm biased, but he's such a cute kid:

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

OMG...he is so absolutely adorable!!!! What a cute photo.

1. Sign him up for swim lessons??? I thought that was a Godmother responsibility.

2. Were you talking about yourself? or Mike?

3. You should enter a picture of him in the Regis and Kelly baby contest...time is running short...and the rewards are great ie college scholarship. Someone's gotta win and it might as well be Jack.

4. Why does he look so darn grownup in some pictures?

5. So, did he sleep all night?

Love ya, Grandma