
I talk all the time about how much I like Jack's school. We don't even call it daycare or child care because its more than that. I feel great when I take him into school because I know that he's having a lot of fun, becoming social and yes, learning. Once they leave the Baby Room (called Infant 1), they begin a weekly curriculum and start learning through play and group activities. Jack's about to jump into these learning activities.
Jack had his first full day in Infant 2 today. He's in the room with "the big kids," which is what I've been calling it ever since the director told me he'd be moving up. The transition process has been going on for a couple of days so that he can get used to his new room. Everyone thinks Jack is doing well with all of this, which isn't surprising any of us-- he's a pretty social and laid back kid. Most of the children in this class are 12-18 months old, so he is the youngest. I'm okay with this-- because he seems to enjoy being around the older children and I think he'll learn a lot by seeing what the other kids in his class are doing.
In his new classroom, they work on a bunch of little projects each day. Whether its coloring or finger painting or pasting cut out figures on a page...they work on something different each day. Each week, their daily crafts feature different letter, number, shape and animal. Its learning through play. So, we'll start collecting "one-of-a kind-art" each week. I can't wait! If you're really really nice (and lucky), we may share a piece or two. :)
Jack's teachers are one of the best resources I could ask to have. They really do help me figure him out and also do a great job putting me at ease or giving me advice on how to approach the new scenarios we have with this little guy.
He's had a wonderful experience in his first room at LeChaperon Rouge and just loves Miss Margaret & Miss Char. They are just great. I think the world of them too. Now, he'll have a chance to work with two new teachers: Miss Sarah and Miss Danielle. Here's to a lot of fun as he starts in his new class.
No comments:
Post a Comment