Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The most (extra) ordinary part of the day

Every night, when I put Jack to bed, I try to take it all in. I gaze into his big eyes that peacefully look back at me. I can have the most busy, crazy and chaotic day where everything's a complete blur. Or, I can have a frustrating day that I can't wait to end. Or, I can have one of the most enjoyable day full of quality time with good people. No matter what day I have, the time I enjoy the most is that time right before I put Jack to bed.

We make a bottle and go upstairs. Boomer and his "jingle-jingle" tags follow us closely up the stairs. We sit on the bed in Jack's room with the fan on and the start up the "safari" music on his crib music box. Then, the cuddling begins and I hold Jack and he holds his bottle and we each affectionately gaze at eachother. Its wonderful.

As he finishes his bottle, I get his binky ready and roll him close. Then he nestles his head towards me and we just cuddle. I love it. And I treasure every time we do this. It doesn't get old....but he is getting bigger, and will get older and we won't have moments exactly like this. Tonight, when I lifted him into the crib, this notion that he weighs more than he used to and is so much longer than he once was hit me. I'm glad he's growing...he's getting more of a personality every day. I also realize that I need to treasure every bedtime we get at this age, cause one day he'll want to go to bed a different way.

Granted, we'll have other special moments and I'm looking forward to enjoying them to the fullest, the routine will only last for awhile. So, I treasure it. I love the cuddly little teddy bear that he is right now!

No comments: