Since my Mom retired and we had plans to see eachother for two weekends in a row (Mike & I went to Baltimore with friends on the weekend of 8/15, then we had the JRF Memorial Golf Tournament in Columbus), we decided that this might be a great time for my parents and Jack to have some quality time.So, Jack spent 4 days in Maryland with my parents on his own. He had a blast. And they had a blast. Truthfully, I don't know who had more fun! Between the baby pool and all the toys we hauled out east (we took two cars so we could fit 4 adults, a dog, jack, and all of Jack's toys when we headed to Maryland). The child that doesn't sleep in (Mr 6am) and doesn't like to take long naps (we call him the Cat-napper) must have known he was on vacation. He slept in just about every day he was there-- sometimes until almost 9am! And then he'd take a 2-3 hour nap! He must have known he was on holiday.
Speaking of holiday-- I will admit that I did enjoy a little "me" and "us" time while Jack was with my parents. I also missed him profusely and kept having that sinking feeling in my stomache everytime I left the house or got out of the car that I was leaving something really important behind. I would always catch myself looking for him. We did have a really fun week of golf, dinners, actually watching some tv before 9:30p! It was a lot of fun. I will also admit that when this past Friday arrived, I couldn't get to Columbus fast enough!!! And when Jack arrived at Kevin and Collette's house, I was so estactic to see him. He flashed a big smile and let out a happy screech...and melted my heart.
It was a good week for everyone involved. My parents claim that Jack is one of the best babies they've ever seen. I'm very sure that there are two other grandchildren that they said the same thing about--- nonetheless, I'm really glad he was so good.
Check out the fun they had!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment